K-Lite Mega Codec v6.1.0 Portable | 43 MB
The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
* It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
* All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
* It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
* Works great with Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center. But also with all other DirectShow players, such as Media Player Classic, BS.Player, ZoomPlayer, and others.
* The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
* The pack has many options, which allows you to tweak it to your own specific needs and preferences.
* Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys. All changes are properly undone.
* It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
* It does not contain any codecs or filters that are known to be bad, buggy or unstable. In fact, the installer is able to detect and disable several known troublemakers.
* It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs installed on your computer. The installer is able to detect and remove over 100 different codec and filter packs.
* The installer is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
* It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
* The pack has options to activate thumbnail generation in Windows Explorer for several popular video file formats, which are by default not thumbnailed in Explorer.
* The pack automatically configures Media Center to recognize all common audio and video file formats, so that such files show up in your media library.
* This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
* There are different variants of the pack. From very small to large.
* The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.
The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is the largest variant of the K-Lite Codec Pack and includes Real Alternative.
Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, and Windows 7.
It's a freeware post.
Contents of version 6.1.0 Mega:
* Media Player Classic Homecinema [version 1.3.2086.0]
* Media Player Classic Homecinema [version 1.2.1008.0]
* Media Player Classic [version 18.104.22.168 rev. 107]
* ffdshow [revision 3487]
* ffdshow VFW interface
DirectShow video decoding filters:
* XviD [version 1.2.2]
* DivX [version 6.9.3]
* DivX H.264 [version 1.2.1 build 22.214.171.124]
* On2 VP7 [version 126.96.36.199]
* WebM VP8 [version 0.9.8.0]
* MPEG-2 (Cyberlink) [version 188.8.131.528]
* MPEG-2 (Gabest) [version 184.108.40.206]
DirectShow audio decoding filters:
* AC3/DTS/LPCM (AC3Filter) [version 1.63b]
* Vorbis (CoreVorbis) [version 220.127.116.11]
* AAC (MONOGRAM) [version 0.9.6.0]
DirectShow audio parsers:
* FLAC (madFLAC) [version 1.8]
* WavPack (CoreWavPack) [version 1.1.1]
* MusePack (MONOGRAM) [version 0.9.2.0 | 0.4.0.0]
* Monkey's Audio (DCoder) [version 1.0]
* OptimFROG (RadLight) [version 18.104.22.168]
* AMR (MONOGRAM) [version 22.214.171.124]
* DC-Bass Source [version 1.2.0]
* AC3/DTS Source (AC3File) [version 0.7b]
DirectShow source filters:
* Haali Media Splitter [version 126.96.36.199]
* AVI splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.2076.0]
* MP4 splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.2076.0]
* Matroska splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.2076.0]
* Ogg splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.2076.0]
* MPEG PS/TS splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.2076.0]
* FLV splitter (Gabest) [version 1.3.2076.0]
* CDXA Reader (Gabest) [version 1.3.2076.0]
DirectShow subtitle filter:
* DirectVobSub (a.k.a. VSFilter) [version 188.8.131.52]
* DirectVobSub (a.k.a. VSFilter) [version 2.33]
* Haali Video Renderer [version 184.108.40.206]
VFW video codecs:
* XviD [version 1.2.2]
* DivX [version 6.9.2]
* x264 [revision 1659]
* On2 VP6 [version 220.127.116.11]
* On2 VP7 [version 18.104.22.168]
* Intel Indeo 4 [version 22.214.171.124]
* Intel Indeo 5 [version 5.2562.15.54]
* Intel I.263 [version 126.96.36.199]
* huffyuv [version 2.1.1 CCE Patch 0.2.5]
* DivX [version 3.11]
* YV12 (Helix) [version 1.2]
ACM audio codecs:
* MP3 (Fraunhofer) [version 188.8.131.52]
* MP3 (LAME) [version 3.98.2]
* AC3ACM [version 1.5]
* Vorbis [version 0.0.3.6]
* DivX WMA [version 184.108.40.206]
* RealMedia codecs [version 220.127.116.116]
* RealMedia plugin for Internet Explorer
* RealMedia plugin for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Opera/Chrome
* RealMedia DirectShow splitter [version 1.3.1967.0]
* Codec Tweak Tool [version 4.4.4]
* Win7DSFilterTweaker [version 3.2]
* MediaInfo Lite [version 0.7.33]
* GSpot Codec Information Appliance [version 2.70a]
* VobSubStrip [version 0.11]
* GraphStudio [version 0.3.2.0]
* Haali Muxer
* FourCC Changer
* Bitrate Calculator
Version 6.1.0 Mega - June 28th 2010 - Changelog:
*Updated Media Player Classic Home Cinema to version 1.3.2086
*Updated ffdshow to revision 3487
*Updated VP8 decoder to version 0.9.8.0
*Updated x264VFW to revision 1659
*Updated Xvid to version 1.2.2 (build 2010-06-08)
*Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 4.4.4