[vB 3.6.x] vbStopForumSpam - known spammer lookup for new registrations v0.61
آخرین زمان حضور: Nov 2014
This provides access to a RBL type system for forum admins, listing known spam IP / email / usernames. The RBL database is provided by Stop Forum Spam. You do NOT need an API key from the website in order to access the database. only to submit data if you should wish to do so.
At the point of user registration, the mod checks if the IP number / provided username / email addresses appear on a block list and can block the registration.
Whilst this isnt the most perfect way to stop all forum spam, its another step that spammers have to overcome.
What it does
It checks with a remote database of known forum spammers. Their IP number, email address and forum username are tested and based on your configuration, you can reject / log / accept user registrations based on what you get back.
This version doesnt have
- whitelisting or the ability to submit users to the database but it will within the next week.
- automatic user deletion / post / PM purging. There are good tools out there already, this does something else.
Instructions are included in the installation.txt file - PLEASE read it first and dont forget to actually upload the files in the upload folder, otherwise it WILL kill your registration progress and you wont see the log file options in admincp. You do not need to download the product-vbstopforumspam-3.54.xml file unless you are using a vBulletin version older than 3.6.0
Changes to vB
- 3 new database tables
- 2 database table alternations
- No new templates.
- 2 Hook (register_addmember_process & register_addmember_complete)
Ive tested it but had feedback that it works with versions as old as 3.6.2... Support should go back to older versions, as long as they have hook support for register_addmember_process / register_addmember_complete
Known to work - tested by me
- vBulletin 3.6.8 on Apache 2.2 / PHP 5.1.2 on Linux using cUrl
- vBulletin 3.7 Gold on Apache 2.0 / PHP 4.4.3 on Windows without cUrl (template changes wont work on 3.7 - thats in the next version with auto template changes)
Reported in the thread to work
- 3.6.1, 3.6.2, 3.6.9, 3.6.10, 3.7.0, 3.7.1, 3.7.2, 3.7.3, 3.74, 3.80, 3.81, 3.82, 3.83, 3.8.4, 4.0beta3
Installers should remember to refresh their ACP navigation window when they first install it so they can see the new log file menu item.
REQUIRES MySQL 4.1.1+
- Automatic integration into vBulletin to add users to the stopForumSpam.com database from a form
- Whitelisting of username / IP / email addresses
- AJAX integration to allow for lookups from within the users profile
- Decreased remote query count from three per user to one per user.
You need to have an API key from Stop Forum Spam in order to submit data, its free and easy to get... You DONT need an API key in order to use this mod however, only to submit spammer data.
- Follow the instructions in the zip file, that includes upload the correct folders