vBSEO Google/Yahoo Sitemap Generator
آخرین زمان حضور: Jan 2017
vBulletin Google Sitemaps by vbseo v.2.2 - vBulletin 3.7.x
Note: Version 2.2 replaces all previous versions of the vbseo Google/Yahoo Sitemap Generator, and now includes support for all the new URL types in vBulletin 3.7.x.
Providing Google, Yahoo, Ask sitemaps is an essential step towards improving your forums.
The "vbseo Google Sitemaps" plugin provides a solution that allows your forum to be indexed by the Google (and also Yahoo and Ask) search engines faster, more completely, more effectively, and with less bandwidth consumption.
The ultimate goal is to help you achieve more web traffic for your forum.
Originally Posted by Google's Description of GSMhttps://services.google.com/inquiry/...tools?hl=en_USNote: This plugin is fully compliant with vbseo 3.x version. The current version is vbseo 3.2. However, if you are running vBSEO, please upgrade to vbseo 3.2 or greater before installing.
Google Sitemaps is an easy way for you to help improve your site’s representation in the Google index. It's a collaborative crawling system that enables you to communicate directly with Google. You get a smarter crawl because you can provide Google with specific information about all your web pages, such as when a page was last modified or how frequently it changes.
Fully compatible with:
- vBulletin 3.0.x, 3.5.x, 3.6.x and 3.7.x
- vBulletin Blogs 1.0.x *Optional
- vbseo 2.x, 3.x *Optional
What does it do?
- Auto-generates a Google XML sitemap for all of your specified forum URL types (including vBulletin Blog URLs).
- Auto-generates a Yahoo text sitemap for all of your specified forum URL types.
- Auto-notifies Google when a new sitemap is generated.
- Automatically sends you a summary of the sitemap generation via email each time it is created.
- Includes only publicly accessible forums and threads.
- Allows Google/Yahoo to find all of your forum URLs without having to spider the forum to find the links.
- Allows Google/Yahoo to find your forum URLs without having to account for query string and/or session ID information.
- Allows Google to give precedence to crawling your higher priority forum pages.
- Allows Google to give precedence to crawling your forum pages that change more frequently.
- Allows you to conserve bandwidth by more efficiently facilitating the crawling processes for GoogleBot and Yahoo Slurp.
- Is 100% compatible with the static CRUs (Content Relevant URLs) used by vbseo-enabled forums.
How does it work?
Whenever it is scheduled or invoked via the URL, this plugin will generate both the Google XML formatted and the Yahoo text formatted sitemaps. If you selected "Yes" to the Google auto-notification setting, Google will be notified each time the sitemap is generated. The Yahoo sitemap must be manually submitted to http://submit.search.yahoo.com/free/request/.
- Google Sitemap files are gzipped
- Forum and thread pages are listed with pagination (i.e. all pages for each forums/thread are included in the sitemap)
- Maximum Priority is set for Sticky threads.
- Optimization for sitemap generation on large forums.
Automated Reporting Tool
The vbseo Sitemap includes a report tool, allowing you to track your progress. To access your reports enter the following URL:
NOTE: Replace "http://www.example.com/forums/" with the full URL to your vB forum root.
You will be required to login by providing your "Sitemap Interface Access Password" from your vbseo Sitemap settings in:
- vBulletin Admin CP (for 3.5.x/3.6.x/3.7.x users) OR
- vbseo_sitemap.php configuration file (for 3.0.x users) located in the vbseo_sitemap directory in your forum root.
Once you successfully login, you will be provided with a list of 'Useful Links'. Here are the 4 main links:
Show Reports List
The 'Show Reports List' link will display a report of each time your vbseo Sitemap generator executed, including the (1) date, (2) run time, (3) total URLs included, and (4) and change in # of URLs included from the last generation.
Each vbseo Sitemap generation record will include a (1) "View details" and (2) "Remove record" link. The "View Details" link shows more detailed information about the sitemap generated. The "Remove record" will permanently delete the record from your reports.
Show Sitemap Downloads Log
The 'Show Sitemap Downloads Log' link will display a report of each time your vbseo Sitemap was downloaded by either a search engine (GoogleBot or Yahoo) or by another user agent (i.e. Web browser, etc.).
The report includes the (1) date, (2) name of sitemap file downloaded, (3) Bot, (4) IP address of the downloader, and the (5) User-agent.
Each vbseo Sitemap download record will include a "Remove record" link which will permanently delete the record from your reports.
Run Sitemap Generator
The 'Run Sitemap Generator' link will automatically regenerate your Google and Yahoo sitemaps.
Your Forums Homepage
The 'Your Forums Homepage' link is a quick link back to your forum homepage.
Additional links to various other related Search Engine Optimization resources are also included.
02/22/2009 - Version 2.5 Released
NEW FEATURE: Blog tags URLs are included.
NEW FEATURE: Social Group Discussion URLs are included.
NEW FEATURE: Smart Priority applied for the following URL types
- Show Post
- Member Profiles
- Forum Display
- Poll Results
- Blog Entries
- Member Profile Albums
- Social Groups
- Social Groups Discussions
- Social Group Pictures
- Blog Tags
UPDATE: Compatible with vBulletin 3.8.x. Includes the following updated settings:
- Priority Range - Show Post
- Priority Range - Member Profiles
- Priority Range - Forum Display
- Priority Range - Poll Results
- Priority Range - Show Thread
- Priority Range - Blog Entries
- Priority Range - Member Profile Albums
- Priority Range - Social Groups
- Priority Range - Social Group Pictures
- Priority Range - Tags
Fix: Social Group Discussion database error is fixed.
Please click "Install" to show your support for this script.
Installation & Configuration for vB 3.5.x, 3.6.x and 3.7.x as a Plugin
Follow the installation/upgrade instructions provided in the docs/readme.html file.
Google Webmaster Accounts
It is NOT required for you to have a Google Webmaster account to run the vBulletin Google Sitemaps plugin. If you decide to setup an account for testing purposes you can do so here:
Copyright & Licensing
- vbseo Google Sitemaps plugin is copyright protected by Crawlability Inc.
- You are free to download and install this plugin on any vBulletin forum for which you hold a valid vB license.
- Unauthorized distribution of any code and/or documentation, whole or in part, included here is strictly prohibited.
- In addition, the following copyright notice must be maintained.
vBSEO(TM) © 2005-2008 Crawlability, Inc.