Complete Wordpress/Vbulletin Bridge - Share Users And Postings
آخرین زمان حضور: Mar 2017
This mod bridges your Vbulletin users over to Wordpress. You can also use Vbulletin as your comment engine instead of the spammy one built into Wordpress. You can display the comments inline in your post. You need not use the comment feature, if your only interested in sharing users.
You can map your Vbulletin Usergroups to Wordpress Usergroups and those users will then be recognized as registered Wordpress users.
For example, user "Joe" registers at your forum and logs in. Joe then clicks on your Wordpress page. Joe is instantly added to the Wordpress user base with the permissions you set for his usergroup. In otherwords, if a user comes over belonging to the "Registered User" group, you can select that he is placed in the Wordpress "Subscriber" usergroup.
If you change a users group from vbulletin, it will automatically change in Wordpress.
- DOES NOT and WILL NEVER support Wordpress MU.
- Wordpress and Vbulletin scripts must reside on the same physical server.
- Wordpress and Vbulletin must use the same domain name.
- Stable Wordpress Version greater than or equal to 2.7.
- DOES work for Vbulletin 3.7.
- Please don't ask if it works for any BETA versions of Vbulletin. I do not know and will not convert this to the latest version of VB (whatever it is at the time you are reading this) until the version is released as non-beta.
- Does not work with XMLRPC.
- Chances are, this will not work when VB and Wordpress are located in different sub domains. I.E. forum.yoursite.com - blog.yoursite.com. Cookie issue.
- I did the best I could in determining your forums file path with the script. There may be certain script setups that cannot find the file path properly, in which case you may get errors that the script cannot find or open /config.php. If this is the case, please HARDCODE your ABSOLUTE path to the forum in vbridge.php.
To do this find:
Code: (Click here to copy code to cl###oard)
And uncomment the last line, and change the path to your forums path:کد:## If you are having path problems, uncomment this next variable and define the path ## NO TRAILING SLASH! # $vwd = '/some/path/to/your/forum';
کد:## If you are having path problems, uncomment this next variable and define the path ## NO TRAILING SLASH! $vwd = '/some/path/to/your/forum';
Common Mistakes When Installing:
- Using two different host names causes problems. If your forum URL contains www.yourdomain.com, then your wordpress blog URL MUST contain the www. part of www.yourdomain.com also. This goes for any other host name. Browsers are finnecky when it comes to cookies (as they should be).
- Editors generally EDIT, not write. In Wordpress, editors don't show up in the post author drop down. This has nothing to do with this plugin, that is Wordpress code.
- Make sure you DO NOT create a subdirectory for this plugin in the wp-content/plugins directory. Just upload it directly there..
- If you do not map users before you turn auto-integrate on, the plugin has no idea whether your allowed into the dashboard.
- If you all of a sudden can't login to the dashboard, see the above two common mistakes.
- FOLLOW the directions and make a test post first. Being in a rush and not testing will most likely turn out bad for you.
Changelog is included in download, here is the most recent changes:
- Fixed issue where media manager would break
- Fixed issue were users would not have certain capabilities
- Addressed issue where slashes would be in the title in the VB forum
Sites Using This Plug-In:
(PM me if you want to add your site here)
axisoverdrive - Debugging Help, Kyraal - Paypal Donation, Kalina - Paypal Donation, Wildcard27 - Paypal Donation, Shri - Paypal Donation, pspcrazy - Paypal Donation, Tomahoochi - Paypal Donation.
If you use this plug-in, and find it useful, please support us by nominating us for Mod Of The Month (MOTM) in the top right corner of this thread, or feel free to donate.
If you do install: